Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Has this board suffered??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like to pose the questions--

    Do you think this board's content has suffered in the last year?? If so why??

    I am asking these because I have seen this board slowly fizzle away. Yet, I feel that it is important to keep it going.

    Good Luck

  2. #2
    Inactive Member woods01's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Shooting 8mm board has so much more activity
    that the only reason I come here is to search the archives. I am surprised at how this board
    has shrunk in the last year. It used to be pretty
    vibrant.
    [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't forget the many times Hostboard has taken a nose-dive. It definitely was a factor for me a while ago.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that 8mm and this board have their own niche and they are different enough that it would be a shame to lose this one.

    I haven't had the chance to post much on either board. There does seem to be a bit more personal attacks on other boards. That is not to say that there haven't been those kind of remarks made here in the past.

    Either way we the posters need to start topic here as well.

    Good Luck

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been just too stinkin' busy!
    I do pop by every now & then to see what's going on, but you're right, it seems a bit like it's being abandoned.
    I just like the way this one looks and feels better than the other ones, and for the most part, seems to not have as many goofballs on it...

    Matt Pacini

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Nigel,
    Did you ever manage to sell your Aaton?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This board is almost dead. For some reason or another everybody posts their threads on the other board, when I'm sure a lot of those people probably come by here to peek all the time. I guess the other one is just for the cool people. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it has to do with each forum's moderator.

    No offense, Mike, but you aren't around much.

    Shooting 8mm has an active moderator who updates his site and is involved in plenty of projects with the members of that forum (the time-lapse film beind one of them).

    The other hostboard is moderated by a person in serious need of psychological help -- 95% of the posts are started by himself -- even his former allies have abandoned him.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No--I still have it. I had it on eBay and then I got a job that I needed it for. I am still in the mood to sell if you are interested.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No offense taken, Chas. I know I'm not around so much, and I regret that my main Web site has grown cobwebs for lack of updating. Unfortunately, I just can't find as much time for it as in the old days. Career and family take more time than before, and other interests have robbed time from my work on the site.

    Anyway, I originally started this forum when I could not answer all the e-mails for advice and info that the Web site generates (and still does). So I kicked off this forum so those who frequent the site could help each other out. Next thing you know, a community was formed, and thanks to all the member messages the archives are filled with so much info.

    I am very happy to hear the other S8 board (the good one, not the OTHER other one!!!) is thriving. That's great for the S8 community, but I understand our community is relatively small and not everyone has time to post on multiple boards.

    But don't worry. The economic cost for me to keep my site up is fairly small, and the cost to me to keep this board up via Hostboard is nil. So, even when I'm "away," the stuff stays up. Sooner or later (it comes in spurts of productivity), I will do some major updating to the main site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •